The High School Life

Surviving and getting through these 4 tough, yet fun years.

Friday, December 23, 2011

Make Class FUN!

How could you ever make class fun? Why should I even stay awake during class? Well if it is an important class you should definitely try to learn. But how can I make class fun? Here are some things my friends and I have tried to make class a lot more fun.

1. Make it a game. How many questions can you or your friend get right? What would the winner get? IF you make class into a game that you can play with your friends, class will go by A LOT FASTER. 
2. Have some fun by making code words with your friends. For example, I had a teacher last year that said "uhmm" at least 5 times in every sentence when he got nervous. Every time this started to happen we would say  "sonic stutter" I do not even remember how we made it up, but one thing is for sure class went by A LOT FASTER. Even if it is something dumb, say it, I mean what could be lame in a classroom? 
3. Start discussions. If you feel like everyone is getting bored in class and the teacher is making no sense at all anymore. You do everyone a favor! Raise your hand and start an off topic discussion that will get everyone engaged, last week I started one and it took up 30 minutes of class! This got me focused and ready to learn for the next one. Another bonus of doing this is, if the teacher has not covered the whole lesson (teachers lose track of time easily), they will not be able to give you homework.

Next time, if you are ever bored in class try one of these things, they can make class fly by. Just do not do them everyday because you may get in trouble. Once in a while is totally fine though. Stay in class, and have fun!   

No comments:

Post a Comment